Friday, January 15, 2010

The Proof is in the Pudding

When you really love someone and want to see the best in them, it's easy to see what it is you want to see, and not necessarily what is there and real...Molly's plans for nursing began with a small seed I helped to plant for her...based on previous aptitude tests she took, she is well suited for the medical field....she is an empathetic and compassionate soul, and there is no doubt that a bachelor's degree in nursing is the cornerstone for Molly having a spectacular life...it's a profession she can make as little or as much of as she'd like to...

So when I hear of the massive devastation in Haiti, and I think I wish I had a had a skill to help alleviate the suffering, I think to myself that someday Molly will be in a position to help....but then I begin to wonder if this is my dream for her, or what she really wants to do....she comes home from school telling me they've been discussing the earthquake and the effects being felt, and that she wishes she was already an RN so she could go and help....then I realize she is this incredible creature who keeps becoming the person I knew she was going to be....wanting to be a person who makes a positive impact in this world...as a parent, there is NOTHING more than that I would want her to aspire to in her life...to want to help others and make a difference is the greatest use of a life I can imagine...and what would this world be if all were like her?

The proof is there...she is special...and I never doubted it....

No comments:

Post a Comment