Thursday, April 29, 2010

Countdown to the End

Tomorrow is the last day of April.  Next month is the last month of school and graduation.  It does not seem possible it's finally arrived, even though it seems like the day before yesterday when she headed off to kindergarten.


With the end of the year comes end of the year activities.  Prom was last Saturday, and was a lot of fun for the whole family.  Terry borrowed a '69 Cadillac Convertible that was perfect for the tie dyed clothes they made to wear for prom.  Older sisters Charlotte and Sandy showed up with their families at my mom's for pictures, and it was a genuinely happy time.  The car and the flowers and the clothes and the family all combined to be a memorable experience that appealed to all ages, surprisingly enough.  


I'm making Molly's announcements, and working on them makes it seem more real as well.  There is Senior Recognition next week, and the senior soccer game the week after that.  The third, and final week brings the soccer banquet and graduation.  If I blink it will all be over.  


I suppose with what's going on with her dad right now I've been a bit distracted with how quickly this is crashing in on us.  I can't do much about his situation right now, as we're in wait and see mode, so I think I should focus on her for a while now.  It's always good to focus on the positives and the good stuff, and seeing Molly successfully through 13 years of school and the beginning of her college years seems worth celebrating.  


She's been chomping at the bit for most of the year for it to be over, and she's about to get her wish.  Even though it's been a while for me now since I graduated from high school, I can still remember the excitement and the impatience to get it over and finished.  It is no less for her.


So, for the next three weeks I'll take lots of pictures and do all I can to create lasting memories.  My baby is no longer a baby, and is ready to achieve one of the first rites of passage in graduating from high school.  Can we just slow it down a little bit?  Just a bit....? 

No comments:

Post a Comment